Friday, November 4, 2016

BS"D

WELCOME TO REFOODA SHELEMAH

A new online magazine dedicated to the memory of my mother Surah Batyah bat Levi Yizchak z"l. This blog will serve as a place where I will talk about hospitality, and how foods can enhance our well-being. I will also discuss the importance of opening the hand to others who are experiencing difficulty, and how to help.

Refooda Shelemah will share insight about Torah-based principles applied in daily life through stories, anecdotes, and profiles of people who make a difference, and will hopefully engage dialog among its readers!

The blessing "Refuah Shelemah" in Hebrew means total healing. This blog will, Gd willing, expand into a full website in due time (besha tova) and will hopefully serve as a positive resource! Thank you for sharing this journey with me!

Davida-Giborah Sasson-Nadav

4 comments:

  1. I'd like to hear about how poor snacking is not good for the body and soul.
    I know what the answer will be, but I need to hear it again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rayna, thank you for your question! I am not a dietician but this worked for me... Poor snacking may relieve hunger, but is likely to cause a fast crash. Better to snack throughout the day on fresh fruits and vegetables, non-fat plain yoghurt, chick peas, nuts, and seeds to keep the metabolism running!

      Delete
  2. Guess what I did?!
    I have these small cute stainless steel bowls, the type you see on cooking Demo's where they have the spices n these little bowls that they dump in the main bowl, well I put out all six at the edge of the counter ledge where I pass by all the time, and filled each one with a different food that can stay on the counter all the time, like dried blueberries, walnuts, sunflower seeds, pine nuts, dried dates, raisins, and I can take ad I walk by!!!
    Even my husband has been enjoying the healthy treats!

    I would like to find dried chick peas that are shelf stable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes you can find dried snack chick peas in Whole Foods if you are in the United States. They have a brand from Spain. I don't know if the person who posted this last comment keeps Kosher (because you show as unknown) so you would need to check that out if you do. But the product itself is just a dried chick pea, so use your best judgment. They are salted, so be aware of that.

      Delete